Friday 10 February 2012

The Find


Nixon Rotolog Watch


This is the watch that you won't be able to live your life without. It’s my go-to watch to casually wear as both a timepiece and a wrist accessory. I purchased my first one a few years ago at Spareparts in Orchard Park   My favorite version is the white enamel finish but the one with bamboo inlay is pretty insane too. There are very few watches that have the ability of giving you an edgy modern look while still referencing retro simplicity. Unfortunately, this watch lacks the array of features most watches have nowadays and the time is less than one centimeter by one centimeter wide; however, I have no shame in admitting that I don’t wear a watch to tell me the time. They have a slightly thinner sister watch for women, but I personally think the sheer size of the men’s style is the perfect statement piece for anyone’s wrist. It's available in ten colours and ranges in price between $220 and $450 plus HST. It’s not cheap, but it is definitely worth the money.  If you're in the market for a fancy watch, one of these is a way more interesting choice than the traditional silver pieces you see on the wrist of every businessman.

-Liam

No comments: